Cosmetic Dentistry Options can help you achieve your smile goals!
Cosmetic Dentistry Options can help you achieve your smile goals!
Our team loves to see you smile with confidence when you leave our office!
Looking your best and feeling confident is something that everyone can dream about. However, with advancements in cosmetic dentistry, you can achieve your smile goals turning them from a dream to a reality at the offices of Thomas L. Anderson, DDS and Associates in Kansas City. After all, your smile is often the first thing someone will notice about you. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 99.7% of surveyed adults said that a healthy smile is socially important to them.
We want to take the opportunity to share the treatments that may be involved in complete smile makeovers. Each patient is different and there is no cookie-cutter fix when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. There are various treatments that can be involved in a patient’s treatment plan that can include porcelain veneers, Invisalign invisible braces, dental implants, dental bonding, and professional teeth whitening; whatever enhancement your smile may need, we’re here to discuss your smile goals and help you smile with confidence!
Cosmetic Dentistry Options:
If you’re missing a tooth, a dental implant may be the best way to restore the look and function of your smile. Dental implants act like artificial roots that can be permanently placed in the patient’s jaw bone. As the gum tissue and bone grow around the dental implant, they become a permanent anchor. A natural-looking porcelain crown will be made giving our patients a beautifully-finished result that is attractive, yet helps to improve chewing, maintain bone and prevent teeth from changing positions. Dental implants can even prevent future problems with a patient’s bite, as they offer a permanent replacement for missing teeth and an effective solution that will look and feel as natural as your original teeth.
Porcelain veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry options available for smile enhancement; often the ideal solution for concealing a wide variety of cosmetic imperfections. Wafer-thin porcelain shells are secured to the front of teeth, which changes tooth appearance regarding shape, color, length, and size. This method has proven to be very beneficial for people dealing with chipped, cracked, crooked, stained, discolored, or short teeth. Whether you are seeking to correct the look of one tooth, a series of teeth, or achieve a full smile makeover.
Invisalign Invisible Braces
If you’ve decided it’s time to straighten your smile, come talk with us about Invisalign. Invisalign is a orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear aligners (custom made to fit your teeth) that cover your teeth and gently move them into the correct position over time. They’re almost invisible and can be taken on and off throughout the day, meaning your eating habits don’t have to change. This is an excellent option for closing gaps, or spaces between teeth, as well as straightening crowded teeth. As far as orthodontic treatments go, if you choose Invisalign aligners, they have minimal impact on your daily life.
Whitening | Bleaching
One of the best and easiest things you can do for your smile is to reverse the signs of age, smoking and even medications by brightening your smile with a professional tooth whitening procedure. We believe that dentist-supervised, professional teeth whitening is the most effective cosmetic dentistry procedure for safely brightening your smile.
Dental bonding is an effective method for repairing chipped teeth. Using versatile and resilient tooth-colored composite materials we create a strong structure that still feels like your original tooth. We can match the color of your tooth and restore its former shape with natural-looking results.
One of the few instant cosmetic dentistry treatments is tooth reshaping or recontouring. A procedure to correct cracked or chipped teeth, crooked teeth, even overlapping teeth by re-shaping them to improve the shape, size, or length. It can also help with chipped and crooked teeth. Due to its instant results, recontouring can occasionally limit the need for additional orthodontic treatments such as braces, during one convenient appointment.
Related Article: Make the Smile Of Your Dreams a Reality with Cosmetic Dentistry
It’s Easy to Achieve Your Smile Goals
With so many cosmetic options, and advancements in dentistry, you can achieve your smile goals in a few visits giving you the beautiful smile of your dreams. Now, let’s talk in more detail about a few of these treatments to give you a better understanding of what they entail and how they can help you achieve your smile goals.
Achieve Your Smile Goals: Dental Implant
We love discussing the many perks and dental implant benefits! They not only look and feel like natural teeth, but they also provide a safe and sturdy tooth replacement that will last for many years to come. You can eat without worry, and can easily keep them clean just like you would your natural teeth.
Benefits to consider:
- Look like your natural teeth
- Dental implants can last 20 years or more
- Easy to keep clean, less work than dentures
- Dental implants fully restore a smile
- Replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth
- Restore full function of the mouth
- Boost confidence
- Benefits your oral health and overall health
- More secure than dentures
- Comfortable bite
- Permanent tooth replacement
More from the exerts about dental implant tooth replacement:
- What does WebMD have to say about the Advantages of Dental Implants? Learn more HERE.
- Learn more about dental implants from The American Dental Association HERE.
The Importance of Replacing Missing Teeth
It can be easy to get used to missing teeth over time, but the reasons to replace them are many:
- Gaps in-between teeth are harmful for surrounding teeth
- A full smile gives you great confidence
- If you don’t fill gaps, tooth decay and plaque are more likely to develop
- Bone loss occurs
- Aesthetic issues such as a sunken and aged appearance
- Lose full function of the mouth
- Don’t hide your smile because of a missing tooth; Let’s Restore Your Smile
- Tooth Replacement Options: Are You a Dental Implant Candidate?
The Process of Restoring Missing Teeth with Dental Implants
Figuring out how dental implants work can be confusing, so we’re breaking down the dental implant tooth replacement process. It’s really pretty simple. Some patients can have the implants and replacement teeth placed all in one visit. While other patients might need to wait until the implant is completely integrated, up to several months, before replacement teeth can be attached to the implant.
Replacing teeth with dental implants can be a lengthy process – sometimes taking a few months to fully complete, but the reward of a beautiful, long-lasting smile is worth it.
- First X-rays and impressions of your teeth will be made.
- Next, the implant will be placed. This is a surgical procedure where an anesthetic is given to eliminate pain. We will make a small incision in the gums to insert the implant into the jaw bone. This gives a sturdy post for the tooth to stay on and the jawbone around the implant will be given time to heal. What makes an implant so strong is that the bone actually grows around it and holds it in place.
- Once the implant is placed, the healing process begins so your implant can fully fuse to the jawbone.
- After the healing process from the implants, an abutment is placed on the implant to prepare it for the false tooth. The abutment will support the new false tooth.
- Now, after that appointment, your false tooth can be placed (a custom dental crown) and your process is complete.
Note: There is a healing process that usually takes some time. However, during your healing process, your dentist may give you a temporary crown, bridge or denture to help you eat and speak normally until your permanent replacement is ready.
More surgery info from The Mayo Clinic.
Achieve Your Smile Goals: Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are the most versatile cosmetic option available for smile enhancement; often the ideal solution for concealing a wide variety of cosmetic imperfections. Veneers are wafer-thin shells of porcelain that are custom-crafted to improve the appearance of your teeth.
Let’s use a simple example … Like false nails, porcelain veneers improve the appearance of your teeth just like fake nails improve the look of your nails. Unlike fake nails, porcelain veneers are permanently bonded to your teeth, so they last and continue giving you a beautiful smile for many years to come!
Porcelain veneers enhance your smile and can be used to correct several common cosmetic concerns, including:
- Chipped, cracked, or misshapen teeth
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Short teeth
Porcelain veneers last much longer than composite veneers, are more stain resistant, highly durable, and more natural looking – making them a highly popular option for veneers. Whether you are seeking to correct the look of one tooth, a series of teeth, or achieve a full smile makeover, porcelain veneers may be the ideal treatment to deliver the beautiful, natural-looking smile you desire.
Customized Results with Porcelain Veneers
Giving your smile an improved appearance with porcelain veneers is often a relatively simple and effective process that produces impressive results. The shape, size, color, fit, and thickness of each veneer is precisely matched to the specifications of your tooth, providing for highly customized results that can look and feel incredibly natural. In addition, preparation for the ultra-thin veneers typically preserves much of the tooth body, which helps maintain dental strength and health. Dr. Anderson and his expert team are highly experienced in the planning, design, preparation, and placement of porcelain veneers to create smile improvements that range from subtle to transformative.
Porcelain Veneers: The Process
You’ll want to meet with your your dentist to discuss whether you are a candidate for veneers. You may need some dental treatment completed before the veneer process, and your dentist will want to make sure your oral health is in good shape for veneers.
Once the process starts, Dr. Anderson and his team will:
- Prepare your teeth. This often means removing a small amount of enamel.
- Make an impression of your teeth.
- The impression is sent to the lab to make your veneers.
- Place your veneers! They will be adjusted to fit your mouth and then permanently bonded.
Caring for Your Porcelain Veneers
A major benefit of porcelain veneers is a short recovery time. Once your veneers are placed and any anesthetic (if needed) has worn off, you can go back to eating and drinking normally.
To preserve the lifespan of your beautiful new smile, you can:
- Avoid opening items with your teeth
- Not chew on objects (pens, etc.)
- Wear a mouthguard when you play contact sports
- Use a retainer at night if you experience any teeth clenching or grinding
You’ll care for your veneers just like you would your natural teeth. Make sure to stay on top of brushing and flossing, as usual, and your smile will be healthy, beautiful, and long lasting!
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Dental Veneers Create Natural Smiles
- Learn more about Veneers from WebMD
Achieve Your Smile Goals: Invisalign Invisible Braces
If you’ve decided it’s time to straighten your smile, come talk with us about achieving an Invisalign Smile. Invisalign is a orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear aligners (custom made to fit your teeth) that cover your teeth and gently move them into the correct position over time. They’re almost invisible and can be taken on and off throughout the day, meaning your eating habits don’t have to change. As far as orthodontic treatments go, if you choose Invisalign aligners, they have minimal impact on your daily life.
Introduced into the dental market in 1998 by Align Technology, Invisalign has perfected their process and materials. Here’s how it works:
- You’ll meet with your dentist and he will take a 3D scan of your teeth using Invisalign’s iTero Element scanner. This will give your dentist a precise scan of your teeth so your treatment plan can be mapped out and customized just for you.
- Your aligners will be made using SmartTrack material. Your dentist will make sure your aligners fit and keep track of your progress. You’ll have regular dental check-ins.
- Your treatment could be only 6 months, but it’ll depend on your personal smile goals and treatment plan. Once you’re done wearing your aligners, you can receive your Vivera retainer to keep your smile perfectly aligned.
The Skinny On Invisalign
- Invisalign comes in the form of thin, removable, transparent aligners that are customized to fit over your teeth.
- These soft but resilient aligners are designed to be worn daily, and only to be removed when eating or brushing your teeth.
- Each aligner is to be worn approximately one to two weeks, afterwards they can be discarded and replaced with a new one; this consistently adjusts and realigns the patient’s teeth.
- The realignment process in its entirety can take anywhere from 6 to 18 months depending on each individual case and requires the user to make relatively few changes to their daily habits.
- If you like playing contact sports or are often involved in physical activity, you can still wear them.
Due to their transparency, minimally invasive nature, and of course overall effectiveness, Invisalign is an ideal solution for those who are eager to straighten their teeth, but self-conscious about doing so. Invisalign can effectively improve your smile while remaining virtually unnoticeable. We can help you restore your confidence with Invisalign invisible braces.
Invisalign & Braces: What’s The Difference?
If you’re considering traditional braces, please take this into consideration … In contrast to the technology of Invisalign, standard metal braces have been used for many years, and have been well established as the primary method to straighten teeth and correct jaw alignment. Invisible braces are more comfortable, offer up faster treatment, and cost about the same as regular braces.
However, while sturdy and effective, the downside of braces is the fact that they do require an extra amount of care and unfortunately, they will require you to avoid certain food products.
Food items such as:
- hard fruits
- hard candy
- chewing gum
- corn on the cob
These are all products that you are recommended not to eat while wearing braces, as they are likely to compromise the brace’s structure or get caught between the metal brackets or wires. Additionally, other less than desirable aspects of braces are the relative discomfort that users sometimes experience while wearing braces, as well as their appearance that can cause social anxiety.
As mentioned previously, these key differences from braces are perhaps what has led to the recent surge in Invisalign’s popularity, and while Invisalign isn’t right for everyone, it has provided an ideal solution for many.
Before and After Photos: https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/ss/slideshow-cosmetic-dentistry
Don’t Be Fooled by Mail-Direct Aligner Programs
Now that you know how simple and effective the Invisalign process is, you may be wondering if cheaper, mail-direct aligners can offer the same benefits. While newer and cheaper mail-direct aligners promise results similar to Invisalign, the truth is, the products and results aren’t nearly the same. In fact, many dentists are reporting that they’re having to fix the mistakes from mail-direct aligners in their offices more and more often. So, what makes Invisalign so much better? Let’s take a look!
When you choose Invisalign aligners, there’s no guesswork. When you use alternative aligner options, you don’t have the backing of your dentist and have to rely on yourself to see if your aligners fit well and are working correctly. There’s no monitoring progress with alternative mail-order aligners.
The mail-order alternative options for invisible aligners also cannot give the same, dentist-approved stamp as Invisalign. Basically, it’s a huge risk you will take by using a program that doesn’t have cutting edge technology and works directly with your dentist to monitor progress and fit.
Achieve Your Smile Goals: Professional Teeth Whitening
One of our most common ways to enhance the look of anyone’s smile is teeth whitening. It’s quick and safe and provides beautiful results every time. While at-home treatments can make your teeth feel sensitive and can take multiple treatments, our treatment is one and done, and doesn’t cause uncomfortable sensitivity. Professional teeth whitening penetrates deeper into the tooth to remove more stains than any over-the-counter product ever could.
Professional teeth whitening delivers optimum results in a relatively short amount of time. Performed under the supervision of a dentist, this method of whitening has gained popularity among those who either are dissatisfied with over-the-counter (OTC) products or are preparing for a special occasion.
Related Article: Choose Professional Teeth Whitening to Achieve a Dazzling Smile
Here are a few culprits that can leave stains on your teeth:
- Food and drink: As we mentioned above, our normal eating and drinking routine can dull our teeth and leave behind stains. Certain foods are high in pigmentation or acid and leave behind stubborn stains – like coffee, red wine and blueberries.
- Poor oral hygiene: If you’re not on top of your oral hygiene routine, then plaque build-up can leave stains.
- Aging: When we age, the enamel (outer layer) of our teeth becomes thinner and doesn’t protect us from stains as well.
- Medications: Certain medications can be harsh on your teeth and leave behind yellowing and stains.
What is a Smile Makeover or Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Using a combination of restorative and cosmetic dentistry treatment options, the experts at the offices of Thomas L. Anderson, DDS and Associates can combine multiple services to help you achieve your smile goals by restoring the functionality, health, and look of your smile with a smile makeover! If you’ve suffered from tooth damage, decay, or loss, full mouth reconstruction may be a wonderful option for you to smile with confidence again, and often includes a combination of:
- Dental Implants
- Porcelain Veneers
- Invisalign Clear Aligners
- Professional Teeth Whitening
Remember, cosmetic dentistry isn’t just for women, learn about Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments for Men .
We Can Help You Achieve Your Smile Goals
Whether you’re looking to enhance, straighten or whiten your pearly whites, Dr. Anderson and his expert team of smile professionals can help you smile with confidence and achieve your smile goals. Schedule your smile consultation at one of our offices in the Kansas City area and let’s discuss your smile makeover. What do YOU want? How would YOU like to see your smile? We will customize a treatment plan and make this the year you remember with a SMILE!
Schedule Your Smile Consultation Today
Our goal is to help you smile confidently every day! Our cosmetic dentistry treatments can create a full smile makeover! If you’re concerned about discolored, missing, chipped, misaligned, or cracked teeth, come talk to us to see what your best solution is for a healthy, beautiful smile. We can treat anything from disease to replacing missing teeth and create a new smile you can be proud of.
If you have been dreaming of the perfect smile, reach out to our team of professionals to discuss how veneers could be the solution for you. Whatever your smile goals are, we can help you meet them at the offices of Thomas L. Anderson, DDS and Associates. Please call to schedule your Smile Consultation at 816-373-4440.
Contact us today to schedule your dental appointment and meet with our skilled dentists at one of our three conveniently located dental office locations within the Kansas City area, including Lee’s Summit / Independence, the Country Club Plaza and Downtown Kansas City. The gentle dentists and expert team at Thomas L. Anderson and Associates look forward to working with you to treat your dental emergency, achieve proper oral health and a beautiful smile that will last a lifetime. If you have any questions about your dental insurance benefits, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to review your policy! Please give us a call today to schedule an appointment and become part of our dental family.