Invisalign Teen Clear Aligners: No More “Brace Face”
When you’re a teenager, realizing that you may have to hear the term “brace face” for the next few years is an agonizing thought. No one wants to be made fun of, and traditional braces can add to the stress of being a teenager. Thankfully, with today’s advances in dentistry and technology, Invisalign Teen clear aligners can take the fear away from the impending possibility of straightening your teen’s teeth.
Related Article: Removable Braces are the #1 Back to School Accessory for Teens
Orthodontics are in Demand
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, almost 4.3 million dental patients 17 years old and younger, were treated in North America in 2016. That’s a 66 percent increase in orthodontics since 1989. With so many teens needing orthodontic treatment each year, Invisalign is also seeing a major increase in sales, with their teen patients growing faster than their adult patients. According to the New York Times and Dr. Elliott Moskowitz, a clinical professor in orthodontics at New York University College of Dentistry, 80 percent of his practice is using clear aligners, as opposed to 100 percent use of traditional braces only five years ago.
Read more about Teens Increasingly Using Clear Aligners in The New York Times.
Advantages of Invisalign Teen
It’s easy to see why so many teens are drawn to the many advantages of Invisalign Teen clear aligners. The major advantage being the element if disguise. With clear aligners, there’s no fear of dental jokes or self-consciousness. Clear aligners aren’t noticeable and can fix your smile, all while being discreet. Along with the invisibility aspect, Invisalign Teen clear aligners have other advantages:
- They’re removable. Invisalign clear aligners are trays that fit over the teeth. Therefore, when it’s time to eat or brush your teeth, you can simply remove the trays and continue on with your task. Simple pop them back in your mouth when ready.
- No food restrictions. Unlike traditional braces where food items such as popcorn must be avoided, there are no food restrictions with Invisalign teen.
- No more hard, metal brackets!
- Protection against teeth grinding. When you wear your Invisalign aligners to bed, you’re also protecting your teeth against grinding.
- Eruption tabs. Invisalign teen has special eruption tabs that leave space for any emerging wisdom teeth. There are also blue dots on Invisalign teen aligners that allow you to make sure you’re wearing your aligners correctly and let you know when it’s time for a new one.
Learn more about Invisalign Teen.
Invisalign Teen clear aligners align your teeth without disrupting the ebbs and flows of your daily life. They take the stress out of braces and allow you to achieve a beautiful and healthy smile! Give us a call today to see if your teen is eligible for Invisalign Teen.
Contact us today to schedule your dental appointment and meet with our skilled dentists at one of our three conveniently located dental office locations within the Kansas City area, including Lee’s Summit / Independence, the Country Club Plaza and Downtown Kansas City. The gentle dentists and expert team at Thomas L. Anderson and Associates look forward to working with you to treat your dental emergency, achieve proper oral health and a beautiful smile that will last a lifetime. If you have any questions about your dental insurance benefits, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to review your policy! Please give us a call today to schedule an appointment and become part of our dental family.