You Deserve a Beautiful SMILE!!!
Smiling is FUN!! I say it’s fun because, let’s face it… generally, isn’t smiling a “good” thing? Of course it is … and here are a few fun facts about smiling!!
I will point out that medically; there is no concrete, definitive “proof” that exists in terms of smiling being good for you, or healthy. Yes, it’s perceived that smiling is healthy because it seems to release serotonin and other positive, stress-reducing hormones. But, that’s as scientific as we’re gonna get! Here are a few interesting tidbits for you to consider … (we hope they’ll make you smile!!)
• There’s no doubt that smiling, in general terms, is more attractive.
• There’s an old saying that “it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile. Even though we’re not basing this on scientific proof, conduct your own research: Try to smile, and then try to frown — which one “feels” like it takes more effort?
• In terms of health, smiling does seem to reduce blood pressure and releases serotonin and other natural pain killers and endorphins. (That sounds positive, don’t you think??) Besides talking about releasing serotonin and being scientific, use yourself as an example — doesn’t it simply feel good to smile? Do you prefer talking to someone who is smiling and happy as opposed to someone who is totally tight-lipped, sour and a downer to be around?
Did you know…
The average woman smiles 62 times a day
• The average man? Only smiles 8 times per day
• 63 percent of people think they look best in photos when they show their teeth
• 99.7 percent of people think an attractive smile is an important personal asset
• 74 percent of people think an unattractive smile can hurt someone’s chances in terms of career
Of course, these are fun facts … they’re not necessarily based on medical research, but they’re still very interesting when you consider what a smile means to you!! But, sometimes people don’t like their smile. It’s not their favorite thing to do and it makes them feel self-conscious and awkward.
Everyone can appreciate the beauty of a smile. We feel it is the most important physical feature a person can have. A beautiful smile conveys youth, health, happiness, and friendliness. An attractive smile makes you more likely to get a date with that guy or girl that you like. It gives you confidence and draws others to you. It can improve your chances of getting that new job or promotion. Studies have shown that people are perceived as not just nicer or more attractive, but even smarter than their peers who do not smile. This seems crazy, but it’s true! People just assume that someone with a confident smile has good reason to be confident. Obviously, improving your smile will not add points to your IQ, but it can affect how others perceive you.
There are several factors that go into creating a beautiful smile. First and foremost, your teeth need to be clean and healthy. Proper home care and regular dental cleanings can help assure having a beautiful smile. Refraining from consuming coffee, tea, red wine, soda pop and other discoloring food and beverages can help to eliminate staining on your teeth. Gums should be pink and healthy, not swollen, red, puffy and inflamed. Broken teeth, chips, cracks and fractures should be fixed. Discolorations, cavities, and decayed teeth should be restored to their original shade or better. Teeth should be straight and properly aligned not just for esthetics, but for healthy bite and jaw relationship.
Family and cosmetic dentistry has evolved. The days of drill and fill are in the past. Painful visits to the dentist and a mouthful of metal as a result are no longer what you should expect when you want a beautiful smile. Cosmetic Dentistry means enjoying an atmosphere where you are pampered, not tortured. It means your dentist is more like an artist than a carpenter. Re-building a damaged tooth, or fixing a less than spectacular smile is a special skill beyond just patch and repair. It involves proper planning, an eye for beauty, and the skills and techniques to perform. Cosmetic dentistry involves an entire team including skilled and caring dentists, friendly and accommodating staff, and world class laboratory technicians.
When searching for cosmetic dentistry Kansas City, we hope you’ll call our office to schedule a consultation in one of our three conveniently located offices in the Kansas City area. Our doctor team believes that cosmetic dentistry is a great way to make your smile its best. Take advantage of one of the many ways to improve your best feature, your beautiful smile!