“When I saw you I fell in love, you smiled because you knew.”
While walking through the boutique shops in Downtown Kansas City, you can see lovers scurrying around to find their partner a Valentine’s Day gift. February is here, the month of love! One downtown dentist, Thomas L. Anderson challenges you to think outside of the box while shopping for your sweetheart. Everyone knows that our teeth are our greatest accessory, and nobody deserves a smile that they are less than happy with. Teeth whitening is an easy way to restore your teeth to their earlier brightness, and it is also a perfect gift to give your special Valentine this season.
Now that you have decided to give the gift of a white smile, let me tell you why getting it from our downtown dentist is the best choice! There are several different ways patients try to get a whiter smile.
- One of those ways is buying whitening toothpaste from the store. All toothpastes help remove surface stains because they contain mild abrasives. Some “whitening” toothpastes contain gentle polishing or chemical agents that remove surface stains a little better. However, they can only remove surface stains and do not contain bleach.
- In-office whitening is very effective, but it can cost up to five-hundred dollars ($500) depending on what part of the country you are located. Another downside to in-office bleaching is the sensitivity it causes. People with sensitive teeth should be wary about in-office bleaching.
- Take-home bleach trays are custom fitted to your teeth, and can be made at our downtown dental office. Take-home bleach trays give great results in two weeks’ time, and allows the patient more control if there is sensitivity. If you are feeling sensitive, just skip a night! While less expensive than an in-office bleaching treatment, take-home trays can be pretty expensive. Some dental offices charge up to four-hundred dollars ($400) for a take-home whitening kit.
Related Article: Why Teeth Whitening is the “Best Deal” in Dentistry
Downtown dentist, Thomas L. Anderson believes everyone deserves a brighter smile. In his office, he offers the take-home bleaching kit with custom trays for one hundred and eighty dollars ($180). That’s over fifty percent less than other dental offices, and makes giving your sweetheart a dazzling smile easier and more afforedable than ever!
Some patients have concerns when choosing a whitening method, so I want to go over some frequent concerns we get in our office.
- A lot of our patients are concerned that whitening can harm their enamel, but it does not. The way whitening works is by opening the pores of the teeth, allowing the cleaning agent in the bleach to get stains out of the inner structures of the teeth. Over time the pores close back, and you get a dazzling smile with healthy enamel!
- Another concern patients have is getting their teeth too white or fake looking. I have had many patients say, “I don’t want my teeth to look like Ross on that episode of friends!” You know, the one where his teeth are glowing in the black light! Our teeth are translucent, and underneath our pearly whites is a layer of tooth called dentin. Dentin is yellow in color, and will always reflect a natural yellow under shade. So rest assured, when you see “fake” looking or too white of smiles in Hollywood magazines, they are either porcelain veneers or photo shopped!
- Other patients think that once you have bleached your teeth you can never drink red wine or coffee. If this were true, no one would want to whiten their teeth! Sure, during the bleaching process, while the pores in your teeth are open, you want to stay away from staining coffees or teas, but afterwards you can eat and drink as normal.
Patients want a result that lasts, so touch-up bleaching is recommended. The bleaching agents used do not work through plaque on the teeth, so we always recommend one or two nights of touch-up bleaching right after your six-month cleaning appointment. Our office sells touch-up bleach for as low as ten dollars ($10), which makes keeping your pearly whites easy and inexpensive.
We know how much you care for your Valentine, so this year give them something different. Everyone thinks a girl wants a box of chocolates and a bouquet of red roses for Valentine’s Day. Chocolates and flowers are a nice gesture, but giving the gift of a radiant smile is priceless!
Downtown dentist Thomas L. Anderson and Associates has three convenient locations. One is on the Country Club Plaza, one in our beautiful downtown Kansas City, and lastly in our Independence/Lee’s Summit community. We are always taking new patients, and would love to help you give the gift of a white dazzling smile! Call today and make an appointment at one of our three convenient locations today!
Related Article: Our Commitment to Downtown Kansas City