Country Club Plaza Dentists are Whitening Teeth
Summer is here, the season where the days are longest and the nights are shortest … and kiddos are out of school! Everyone is scrambling around the Plaza trying to shop for a great Father’s Day gift for their proud Papas.
One Country Club Plaza dentist, Thomas L. Anderson, challenges you to think outside of the box while shopping for your favorite father! Everyone knows that our teeth are our greatest accessory, and nobody deserves a smile that they are less than happy with. Whitening teeth is an easy way to restore your teeth to their earlier brightness, and it is also a perfect gift to give the most amazing man in your life!
One main reason people stay away from bleaching is because it can be quite costly. Even if a patient has dental insurance they often will not cover for whitening, because they consider it a “cosmetic” procedure. There are several different ways patients try to get a whiter smile.
One of those ways is buying whitening toothpaste from the store. All toothpastes help remove surface stains because they contain mild abrasives. Some “whitening” toothpastes contain gentle polishing or chemical agents that remove surface stains a little better, but they can remove surface stains only and do not contain bleach.
- In-office whitening is very effective, but it can cost up to $500 depending on what part of the country you are located. Another downside to in-office bleaching is the sensitivity it causes. People with sensitive teeth should be wary about in office bleaching.
- Take-home bleach trays or teeth whitening trays, are custom fitted to your teeth, and can be made at our Country Club Plaza dentist office office. Take-home bleach trays can give great results in two weeks’ time, and allows the patient more control, if there is sensitivity. If you are feeling sensitive, just skip a night! Again, they can be a big expense too. Some dental offices charge up to $400 for teeth whitening trays or take-home whitening kits.
Country Club Plaza dentists at Thomas L. Anderson and Associates believe everyone deserves a brighter smile. In his office he offers the take home bleaching kit with custom whitening trays for $180. That’s over fifty percent less than other dental offices, making giving your dad a dazzling smile easier than ever!
Other than pricing alone, patients have other concerns when choosing a whitening method.
- A lot of our patients are concerned that whitening can harm their enamel, but it does not.
The waywhitening teeth works is by opening the pores of the teeth, allowing the cleaning agent in the bleach to get stains out of the inner structures of the teeth. Overtime, the pores close back, and you get a dazzling smile with healthy enamel!Another concern patients have is getting their teeth too white.
- I have had many patients say, “I don’t want my teeth to look like Ross on that episode of Friends!”
You know the one where his teeth are glowing in the black light! Our teeth are translucent, and underneath our pearly whites is a layer of tooth called dentin. Dentin is yellow in color, and will always reflect a natural yellow under shade. So rest assured, when you see “fake” looking or too white of smiles in Hollywood magazines, they are either porcelain veneers or photo shopped!
- Other patients think that once you have bleached your teeth you can never drink red wine or coffee again.
If this were true, no one would want to whiten their teeth! Sure, during the bleaching process while the pores in your teeth are open you want to stay away from staining coffees or teas, but after wards you can eat and drink as normally.
The bleaching agents used do not work through plaque on the teeth, so we always recommend one or two nights of touch up bleaching right after your six-month cleaning appointment. It would take years for your teeth to return to your starting shade after bleaching, but by using this touch up method you can keep your smile shining bright all of the time!
We know how much you care for your Father, so this year, give him something different. Everyone thinks dad wants a new tie or grilling accessories for Father’s Day. Those are a nice gesture, but giving the gift of a radiant smile is priceless!
Country Club Plaza dentist, Thomas L. Anderson and Associates, has three convenient locations. One is of course on the Country Club Plaza, one in our beautiful Downtown Kansas City, and lastly in our Independence/Lee’s Summit area. We are always taking new patients, and would love to help you give the gift of a white dazzling smile … give us a call today!